US President Joe Biden Called Erdogan
US President Joe Biden Called Erdogan. US President Joe Biden had a telephone conversation with President Erdogan. Biden met with Erdogan for the first time, 93 days after taking office as President. Making a statement regarding the meeting, Erdogan said, “We agreed with Mr. Biden on the strategic nature of bilateral relations and the importance of working together in order to expand cooperation on the basis of mutual interests”.
On January 20, a long-awaited phone call took place between Joe Biden, who was in the US Presidency, and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
In a written statement from the White House, “President Biden today met the President of Turkey Erdogan; He conveyed the importance he attaches to constructive bilateral relations with wider areas of cooperation and in which conflicts will be managed effectively ”.
BIDEN AND ERDOĞAN TO MEET IN BRUSSELS
In the statement that Biden and Erdogan will come together at the NATO Summit to be held in Brussels on June 14, it was stated as follows:
* Leaders decided to hold a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the NATO summit in June and to discuss bilateral and regional issues in a broad framework.
BIDEN SAYS TO ERDOĞAN IT WILL SAY “ARMENIAN GENOCIDE”
It was stated that US President Biden also told President Erdogan that he would say “Armenian genocide” in his speech on the 1915 events that he will hold tomorrow.
It was announced that US President Joe Biden, who said “I will recognize the so-called Armenian genocide” before taking office, will keep this promise on April 24th. The statement in question was interpreted as “a step that would harm the relations of the two countries”.
EXPLANATION FROM ERDOĞAN
AKP President and President Tayyip Erdoğan shared the details of his meeting with US President Joe Biden on his Telegram account.
Erdogan made the following statement regarding the meeting:
* Dear brothers, Today we had a phone call with US President Joe Biden.
* We agreed with Mr. Biden on the strategic nature of bilateral relations and the importance of working together to expand cooperation on the basis of mutual interests.
* At the meeting, I stated that it is important to resolve issues such as the presence of FETÖ in the USA and the US ‘support to the PKK-PYD terrorist organization in Syria, in order to advance Turkish-American relations.
* We reached an agreement with my counterpart on the margin of the NATO Leaders Summit to be held in June.
EXPLANATION ON THE MEETING FROM THE COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
According to the statement made by the Directorate of Communications, the leaders agreed on the strategic nature of bilateral relations and the importance of working together to expand cooperation on the basis of mutual interest relations.
President Erdoğan stated that it is important to resolve issues such as the presence of FETO in the USA and the support given by the USA to the PKK-PYD terrorist organization in Syria, in order to advance Turkish-American relations to a higher level. The two leaders agreed to meet during the NATO Leaders Summit in June.